Chaat chutneys are the most commonly used for different recipes of chaat. I always have chaat chutneys prepared at home and I can prepare snacks when ever required 😀. Green chutney can be stored for one week and dates tamarind chutney can be stored for one month. Everyone love evening snack, If we have these chutney ready at home any snack can be prepared instantly. I will post different chaat recipes very soon.
The spiciness of green chutney can be adjusted based on your taste. You can prepare sweet chutney with out dates too. But with dates it will taste good.
Preparation time : 5 min
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Mint leaves 1/2 bunch
- Green chillies 2-3
- Salt to taste
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Ginger small piece
- Lime juice 1 tsp
- Grind everything to a fine paste with little water and transfer to a bowl. Check for salt and spiciness and add accordingly. This chutney can be stored in fridge for one week. ( store in air tight container).
Dates Tamarind Chutney / Sweet Chutney
Preparation time : 15 min
- Tamarind lime size piece soaked in warm water
- Dates 6-7
- Jaggery 1/4 cup or less
- Chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil tamarind and dates in microwave or pressure cooker or in open vessel till it becomes soft.
- Then cool and grind in blender and keep aside.
- Add 2 tsp of water in a pan add jaggery and boil till it dissolves and add tamarind dates mixture , little water and stir well.
- Now add chilli powder ,cumin powder ,salt and boil for 2 min.
- That’s it , dates tamarind chutney is ready. This chutney can be stored in refrigerator in one month.
Note: Green chutney can be stored for one week and sweet chutney can be stored for one month in refrigerator.